The hair transplant before and after the process is a process that must be taken care of and the instructions of specialist physicians must be followed. Hair transplant treatment should be done by physicians and health professionals who are experts in this field. A hair transplant, one of the cosmetic surgery procedures, is an effective treatment to relieve the patient’s aesthetic concerns.
At WestModern Clinic, we wanted to compile what you wonder about the hair transplant before and after the process. As a clinic that has served in this field for a long time, we wanted to share our experiences with you.
Hair Transplant Before and After
We can give you information about the treatment process within the scope of hair transplant before and after results. We can provide comprehensive information about the process by sharing the feedback we have received from our patients with you. If you apply to our clinic for hair transplant treatment, our specialist physicians will explain the process to you in detail. However, before your treatment starts, we can give you information about before and after the procedure.
1- Before the Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplant before and after male and female processes are almost similar. We want to share the pre-process with you without making any distinctions in this regard. There is a short preparation period waiting for you before the treatment. First, you will need to have a preliminary interview with our physicians in our clinic to have comprehensive information about the treatment.
Afterward, our physicians will pass you through a preliminary examination process. During the preliminary examination, whether you are suitable for treatment is decided. In addition, which type of hair transplant treatment will be applied is also determined in this preliminary examination.
2- Things to Consider Before Hair Transplant
The main points you should pay attention to before the operation are:
- If you are actively consuming cigarettes and alcohol, you should take a break from these habits at least one week before the operation. Active smoking and alcohol consumption may adversely affect the recovery process after the procedure.
- If you have a chronic disease, informing us before the operation would be correct.
- You should not apply chemical care products such as lotion or perfume to your scalp at least one month before starting the hair transplant treatment.
- Finally, it is also important that you stop using anticoagulants at least one week before treatment.
3- After the Hair Transplant Before And After
There are some recommendations that you should follow after the treatment. We will also give these recommendations to all our patients treated in our clinic. A long-term recovery process will await you after hair transplant treatment. In all hair transplant procedures, waiting at least 6-12 months is necessary to get the clearest result. In this process, it is essential that you strictly follow the advice given to you by your specialist doctor.
Hair transplant treatment is a surgical procedure with an unavoidable risk of infection. Therefore, our patients must engage in activities that will reduce the risk of infection after the treatment. In the type of treatment applied with the channel opening method, you will also need to use medical creams for the healing of the donor area.
4- Things to Consider Hair Transplant Before and After
After the hair transplant treatment, you can return to your accommodation without the need to stay in the clinic. However, you must visit our clinic for control and post-operative intervention for the first time. Here are the main conditions you should pay attention to after a hair transplant:
- You need to come to our clinic to have the washing process done the day after the operation. You should definitely do the hair-washing process yourself.
- You should use the products recommended by your specialist in the hair-washing process.
- It is usual for crusting to occur in the transplanted area after the operation. Likewise, edema may occur on the forehead and cheeks during the first five days.
- After the transplant procedure, it is also possible to see slight channels on the scalp.
- Hair loss will be seen during the first week after the operation. This is also a normal situation.
The hair transplant before and after the process is important for the success of the treatment. In hair transplant Turkey procedures, our specialist physicians often emphasize this process.