The before and after lip lift process is as necessary as the surgery itself. Patients need to have sufficient information about before and after the operation. We want to share with you what you need to know about lip lifting, which is one of the aesthetic procedures we actively apply in our clinic. We would like to openly present the expert opinions you need to know about the before and after lip lift process.
Let’s take a closer look at what happens during the before and after lip lifts and what needs to be considered in this process.
Things to Know About Before and After Lip Lift Process
Before and after lip lift surgery, your specialist doctor will give you the necessary information. Even our doctors in our clinic will show you before and after lip lift photos to help you understand the process better. Information about the lip lift healing timeline will help you make a more precise decision about the operation.
At WestModern Clinic, we would like to provide you with every detail you need to know about this process. If you know what to do before and after the operation, you can see the effects of the fiber lift procedure earlier.
1- Before the Lip Lift Surgery Process
In specific medical procedures such as before and after lip reduction surgery, it is essential to inform the patient before the operation. As with all plastic surgery procedures, operations such as lip lifting also have a preparation process. Before the lip lift operation, our patients should pay attention to the following:
- It is important for the patient to stop consuming alcohol and cigarettes before lip lifting surgery.
- Before the operation, drugs with blood thinning effects should definitely not be consumed.
- At WestModern Clinic, we make a preliminary examination of our patients who apply to us before the operation. We draw an operation route for our patient according to the result we get in the preliminary examination.
- Before the operation, we show the drawings of the scenarios that will be suitable for the lip structure of our patient. Thus, our patients can have information about the results they will receive after our treatment.
- We offer some instructions to our patients in order to minimize the risk of infection in surgical procedures such as lip lifting. Among these, there is a nutrition program that we give to our patients before the operation.
2- Before and After Lip Lift: What are the Risks of Lip Lifting Surgery?
We also try to convey possible risky situations to our patients in processes such as before and after corner lip lifts. The risk of infection is one of the risks we transfer to our patients during the before and after lip lift process. But the risk of infection is a risk factor that occurs after every surgical procedure. Therefore, our patients should pay attention to the before and after lip lift process.
In addition to the risk factor mentioned above, there are also risks such as permanent scar formation. However, this is a rare risk factor and may not occur thanks to the experience of specialist physicians. Our physicians at WestModern Clinic are also experienced in the field of aesthetic surgery.
3- Before and After Lip Lift Process
In processes such as before and after upper lip lift, the steps to be taken after the operation may be critical. After the operation, it is important for our patients to pay particular attention to the following:
- After the operation, wound care should be done well in order to prevent infection of the lip area. Our specialist physicians will inform you as necessary.
- In the first week, waterproof medical tapes adhere to the lip area. Then, the bands should be removed and the antibiotic creams given by the physician should be used.
- In the first week after the surgery, our patients should avoid active exercise. A blow to the lip area may cause the operation to fail.
4- Before and After Lip Lift Process: Lip Lift Before and After Smile
Another detail you should know during the before and after lip lift process is how to smile after the operation. If lip lifting has been applied with a surgical technique, you may feel pain while laughing for the first few days. However, this situation is completely temporary and will disappear once the wound area starts to heal. In addition, in the first few months of techniques such as filling or lifting, loss of sensation may occur in the lip area. This may affect your smile a little bit.
5- Before and After Lip Lift Process: Lip Lift Before and After Scar
One of the most curious subjects of our patients during the before and after lip lift process is the detail of whether there is a scar in the lip area. If the procedure is surgical, there is a minor scarring. However, this scar will not be very obvious as it is usually covered with lip folds.
In filling or non-surgical lifting procedures including face fillers, there is usually no scarring. If you have any other questions about the before and after lip lift process, you can always share them with us. Before and after lip lift is a process that will provide you with the necessary information when deciding on the operation.